- Voted #2 in the North East 2021 Expensivity
- Voted #2 in America for 2017 by The Daily Meal
- Voted #2 in America 2016 by MSN
- Voted top 4 in New York City by Bloomberg Pursuits
- Best of the Best Award, American Academy of Restaurant and Hospitality Services
- The Best Pizza Places in New York in NYC Patch
- The 'Best Of' Series: Best Pizza, The Food Network
- 1000 Places to See Before You Die, 2016
- Barstool Sports "One Bite with Davey"
What they say:
Beyond the salty, greasy cheese and heavily charcoal-kissed crust, it's the piquancy of John's sauce that remains the most remarkable thing about the offerings at this standard-bearer in the NYC pizza pantheon... With its faded murals and deeply worn wooden booths, the place is a museum."
— Village Voice
They don't serve slices, but you'll want to eat the whole pie anyway." – Zagat NYC
Like so many great foods, the success of John’s pizza comes down to the simplicity of using good ingredients... This is some of the finest pizza you can get in New York — or anywhere. — USA Today